The following steps will show you how to check course descriptions on courses for which you may want to register. The descriptions may have important information and requirements for you to understand before registering for a course.
1. Go to CampusNet (campusnet.sebts.edu) and from the top menu click Self-Service, then Self-Service Home and be sure you are signed in with your student ID.
2. Click Find Courses to view the Section Search screen.
3. In the Keywords field type a word or two which will narrow the search (ex: course name or number, description keywords, etc.)
4. In the Year-Term pull-down select the semester you want.
5. The Session pull-down is generally set to Main unless you are looking for half semester classes, etc. (You can leave Session blank if you want to see everything).
6. The other settings depend on whether you are trying to find Online, Hybrid or Layered Hybrid courses:
- If you are looking for online classes, click the Meeting pull-down and select Online. (This will only show fully online courses and not hybrids).
- If you are looking for hybrid classes, leave the Meeting pull-down blank and add the word hybrid to the words you entered into the Keywords field in step 3. [Note: These results will also show the layered hybrid classes. Look for a course identifier with HYBR for hybrid and HYBL for layered hybrid].
- If you are looking only for layered hybrid courses (which allow you to take two online hybrid courses with coordinated in-person sessions), leave the Meeting pull-down blank and add the phrase layered hybrid to the words you entered into the Keywords field in step 3.
7. When your search settings are complete, click the Search button to see the results.
8. In the search results you can click the course identifier link that shows under the course name to open a window with information about the course for you to review. The information includes the course credits, a description of the course, the instructor's name, dates and times for the class, number of seats, etc.
- For Online courses, you may see information about the teacher that is in the recorded content, if that is different from your course instructor.
- For Hybrid and Layered Hybrid courses, in addition to the teacher and recorded content information, you will see information on the required dates and times and location that the class will meet in person.
Note: For additional information on two year rotations, and rotations for Layered Hybrid, 3:9 Cohorts, and selected elective offerings, click the blue Go to Student Course Schedule Planning on CampusNet button at the top of the search results screen.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial for this, go to this link:
Finding Conference Classes: If you are looking for conference classes to attend for credit, put the word conference into the search field. You may get extra results that have that word in them, but the conference classes should be in the results. For more on conference classes, see: