Creating a new Turnitin assignment (if not already present):
1. Log in to Moodle and go the the course page you want to edit.
2. Click the gear icon at the top right and click Turn editing on
3. Scroll down to the section you want to change and click Add an activity or resource.
4. Under Activities, select Turnitin assignment and click the Add button.
5. Type in the Name for this assignment and its Description.
6. If you want to edit this assignment's settings, continue with Step 2 in the section below.
Changing the settings for an existing Turnitin assignment:
1. From the course home page, in the Activities block on the right, click Turnitin Assignments. You will see a list of all the Turnitin assignments on your course. Click the one you want to set up or change.
2. After the assignment opens, click the settings gear on the right and click Edit. Click Expand all on the right if you want all fields expanded.
3. Make any changes you need in the various settings - here are a few important ones:
NOTE: Click Moodle's question mark bubbles for more detailed information for the various settings.
- Change Name or Description fields as needed.
- The settings in most sections are typically left at the defaults, but it is important to set the assignment dates and times:
- Go to the Assignment Part 1 section. [Note: If you have created a multi-part assignment in the top section, you will see settings for each part].
- Set the Start Date and time for the assignment to appear so students can access it.
- Set the Due Date and time, which will close the assignment to students.
- Set the Post Date and time, which is when students will be able to see the graded assignment. (The Post Date must be after the Due Date and should allow time for the instructor's review, comments and grading of the assignment).
- The rest of the settings are normally left at their default state. If you have questions about other settings after checking the Help icons, you can contact the Distance Learning department.
Another good source of help on Turnitin can be reached at help.turnitin.com which provides excellent assistance for managing Turnitin assignments.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial for this, go to this link: