The following steps will help you make changes to settings for your quizzes and exams.
Note: If you need to create a quiz or exam from scratch, you will need to start with these steps:
5. Type in the name and if desired, a description of the quiz or exam.
6. Continue with the following steps, as needed.
If the quiz or exam is already present in your course, here are the steps for making changes to its settings:
1. Be sure Editing is turned on (see steps 1 & 2 above).
2. Make any changes you need in the various settings - here are some examples
NOTE: Click Moodle's question mark bubbles for more detailed information for the various settings
- Change Name or Description fields as needed
- In the Timing section:
- Set the dates and times you want the quiz to be Open and Closed
- Set the Time limit for taking the quiz
- When Time expires pull-down is normally left in "Open attempts are submitted automatically"
- In the Grade section:
- Select the Grade Category if that's already set up in your gradebook, or change this later.
- Set the number of Attemps Allowed (if greater than 1, set the Grading Method that will be used
- You can change pagination settings in the Layout section.
- In the Question behavior section, Shuffle within Questions is good for multiple choice questions, unless it contains an "All of the above" choice, in which case you should select No and order the choices manually.
- You may want to look over the Review options and other sections that follow to see if you want other changes
3. When all settings are where you want them, click Save and return to course or Save and display, as desired.