Once you have created a quiz activity on your Moodle page and adjusted its settings, follow these steps to add questions:
Note: For creating or changing settings for a quiz or exam, see this article.
1. Click on the Quiz you want to add new questions to on the course's Moodle page
2. Click the "Edit quiz" button
3. Click the "Add" pull-down on the right side and click "A new question".
4. Select the type of question desired. [This example will use "Multiple choice" as the type]. Click the Add button.
5. On the Adding a [type] question page, type the question number (e.g. "1") in the "Question name" field.
6. In the "Question text" field, enter the actual text of the question you are adding. (Note: you can copy/paste from another source (Word file, etc.).
7. In the "Default points" field, leave the field at "1" if you have a points-based quiz. [In the case that you are using a variable points-based method, type in how many points this question is worth].
8. In the "One or multiple answers" field you will typically leave it as "One answer only".
9. You will typically leave the "Shuffle the choices" and "Number the choices" fields at their default states.
10. In the "Choice 1" field, enter the first multiple choice answer. Repeat for the other choice fields. For the correct answer, you normally will choose 100% in the Grade field pull-down. The Grade fields for all the incorrect answers should remain at "None".
11. When all your choices for this question are entered, click the "Save changes" button at the bottom.
12. You will now be back to the "Editing quiz" screen and will see the entered question(s).
- To re-edit the question, click the "Edit question" gear that appears to the left of the question text.
- To delete a question, click the trash can icon on the right side of the question line.
- To add another question, click the "Add" pull-down on the right side, (just below the question line) and click "a new question".